Found this editorial piece online, thought if you were looking to make the switch that it would be beneficial to have more valuable info about e-cigarettes. PEACE!
Benefits of Electronic Cigarettes.
E-Cigarettes seem to be catching on in the United States. Nonetheless, the FDA is trying to ban the sale of any flavored smokeless cigarettes, in an attempt to curb the attractiveness of their product to children. Many states are using the lack of support by the FDA to start stopping the sale of the electronic cigarettes. I really think that they are doing people a disfavor. There can be hundreds of thousands benefits to the ecigarette. The e-cig looks, feels, and works very similar to a regular tobacco cigarette in that it produces nicotine, the tip lights up when smoked, and the person must exhale a vapor substance. Through out this article I will be exploring the advantages of the ecigarette and why they may be the better alternative to tobacco smoking.
How is an Ecigarette different than a Tobacco Cigarette?
1. An ecigarette does not generate poisonous smoke. The consumer exhales water vapor instead of chemicals. This makes the e-cig more ecologically-friendly and okay in most restaurants, pubs, airplanes, etc. because the water vapor does not affect the health of those people directly in contact with it.
2. The ecigarette itself is intended to be reusable. Reduces landfill waste, roadside garbage, and cleans up the street. No cigarette butts strewn across your neighbors lawn or in the parking lot of your favorite diner.
3. The ecigarette uses an atomizer to deliver the nicotine rather than direct inhalation. The capsule of fluid must travel through the atomizer to allow for the nicotine to be delivered to the user.
4. Reduced amounts of tar in the lungs. Smokeless ecigarettes can greatly reduce the amount of tar and other damaging chemicals.
How does it work?
There are quite a few separate pieces that go into making an ecigarette. The initial section is the led light at the end of the cigarette that lights up each time the person takes a drag. This helps show to the person that they are in fact drawing nicotine from the cigarette.
Then there is the long barrel part of the cigarette which is now available in a variety of colors and designs. This would normally be where all of the tobacco in a standard cigarette is stored. This piece of the e-cig is used primarily for aesthetics and serves the purpose of making the cigarette easier to grasp. At the end of this white portion of the cigarette is the battery and “brains” of the electronic cigarette.
A battery and computer chip that controls the discharge of the nicotine and water in the container. The battery has a considerable life but like anything else, the battery should be changed out for a new battery quite often for avid smokers. A pressure sensor in the device tells the atomizer to discharge the water and nicotine when the consumer puffs, drawing in air over the sensor.
A heated coil is used within the atomizer to create water vapor from the nicotine cartridge person. The person inhales the vapor and result is water vapor.
Of course like most cigarettes the mouthpiece piece of the e-cigarette is piece that the consumer sucks on the electronic cigarette to create the reaction in the atomizer. Unlike regular tobacco cigarettes, the ecig requires more of a sucking action because of the pressure sensor, so it is a little different.
What are the advantages of using an ecigarette?
1. Smokeless cigarettes cost much less than regular cigarettes and can save the individual a lot of money. depending on how often the consumer smokes some estimates are in the 1000′s of dollars per year.
2. E-Cigarettes do not expose others to destructive chemicals. The bi-product of the electronic cigarette is water vapor.
3. No awful odor or smell. No longer need to smell like smoke or clean your clothes multiple times to get the smoke out of them. For those people that smoke at home, no more smoke filled rooms and annoying your spouse.
4. They come in multiple flavors so the individual can smoke his/her desired taste.
5. Smoking bans in dining establishments, pubs, clubs, airports, etc. Smokeless cigarettes are permissible to use in any public environment.
Makes of E-Cigarettes
The web marketplace for e-cigarettes has developed in the recent past and there are a huge number e-cigarette websites. The cost ranges from around $40 to roughly $150 depending on the brand name and packages.
What are the nicotine levels?
Smokeless cigarettes delivery roughly the exact same amount of nicotine for each hit as a regular cigarette but the container inside of the ecigarette has a substantial amount more nicotine than a ordinary cigarette. The rough estimates are that an ecigarette container is about the equivalent of 6-7 regular cigarette and can last for about one hundred drags as opposed to about 15 drags on a regular cigarette.
Are electric cigarettes better for you?
Here is some additional information I found to let you make your mind up.
Smokeless cigarettes have about twenty components compared to the almost four thousand ingredients in regular cigarettes including ammonia, carbon monoxide, tar, rat poison, hydrogen cyanide, embalming fluid, and acetone to name a few.